- Information for the public
- Information for health professionals
You are here
Good hygiene can help reduce spread of all viruses, including the flu virus. This includes:
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, using a tissue when possible;
- disposing of dirty tissues promptly and carefully;
- maintaining good basic hygiene, for example washing hands frequently with soap and water to reduce the spread of the virus from your hands to your face or to other people;
- cleaning hard surfaces (such as door handles) frequently using your usual cleaning product.